It doesn’t matter what group you wish to win on Sunday, one factor is for positive, you’ll be grubbin’ on a few of your favourite Tremendous Bowl Sunday recipes and snacks. Apart from this yr, when the sport is over, you gained’t be left feeling bloated and sluggish because of Scottsdale, AZ-based chef Dom Ruggiero, founder and CEO of Forged Iron Ideas, a Scottsdale-based Hospitality Group which is the guardian firm of three eating places: Hush Public Home, TVG Faucet Room, and Fireplace at Will.
Ruggiero, a Marine Aviation Operations Specialist, studied at Le Cordon Bleu Culinary Institute. He’s labored as a chef in New York Metropolis for a number of years earlier than returning to his hometown in 2019 and opening his first restaurant.
To assist burn off among the energy he consumes whereas crafting new culinary concepts in his kitchen, Ruggiero, who together with his spouse Holly expect their first youngster, is an avid weightlifter and trains Brazilian jiu-jitsu.
Right here, Ruggiero shares a few of his high recommendations on the way to efficiently prep gameday goodies with out lacking a second of the sport—or an oz of taste!
Tremendous Bowl Sunday Recipe Swaps
Maintain the flavour however lower down on the energy by making easy, but flavorful swaps. “One of the best ways I’ve discovered to make Tremendous Bowl dishes more healthy is to maintain with the normal fare however to sub different components whereever doable,” Ruggiero says. For instance, exchange mayonnaise-based recipes with Greek yogurt or fattier meats with leaner proteins equivalent to hen or turkey for beef or pork.
Ruggiero suggests these wholesome components swap concepts:
- Swap mayonnaise or bitter cream for Greek Yogurt
- Swap ketchup for salsa for a clear sauce
- Swap ranch dip for hummus
- Swap vegetable oil for olive oil
- Swap soda for seltzer water with lemon
- Swap fat-laden meats with lean proteins
Prep Arduous, Play Arduous
Like everybody else, Ruggiero needs to be watching the sport and having fun with the celebration. “I don’t wish to be caught within the kitchen whereas everybody else is having enjoyable,” the Tremendous Bowl chef says. So, he at all times creates his menu in order that it’s both simply prepped forward of time, and/or in a position to be hot-held with out compromising the flavour or texture. “Crockpots and pellet people who smoke are nice for this,” he says.
Disposable Aluminum Containers for the Win!
In terms of game-day preparation, Ruggiero likes to serve all of his Tremendous Bowl Sunday recipes dishes in disposable aluminum pans. “Towards the tip of the celebration, I’ll put out to-go containers for my friends to take meals house in—it makes clear up a breeze,” he says.
Not solely does this make for a simple clean-up, however your folks get to get pleasure from their Sport Day dishes the subsequent day and also you aren’t caught with extra meals than you’ll be able to deal with.
Chef Dom Ruggiero’s Crowd-Pleasing Tremendous Bowl Sunday Recipes
French Onion Dip Recipe
This home made French Onion Dip recipe is one among Ruggiero’s spouse’s favourite dishes! “This recipe is an instance of how one can sub out Greek yogurt for mayo and additional virgin olive oil for butter,” hje says. It’s nice served with chips or fresh-cut greens for a good more healthy possibility.
- 2 massive Yellow Onions
- 2 massive Shallots
- 2 cloves minced Garlic
- ¼ cup Further Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 4oz Softened Cream Cheese
- 1 cup Greek Yogurt
- ½ cup Chives
- Salt and Pepper to style
- Small cube Onions and Shallots. Warmth the oil in a sauté pan and prepare dinner onions till properly caramelized, normally about 30-45 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Let cool to room temperature.
- In a big bowl add the cream cheese and Greek yogurt and whisk till clean. Add the onion combination and fresh-cut chives and whisk till totally included.
BBQ Rooster Lettuce Cups Recipe
One other fan favourite is these BBQ Rooster lettuce cups. Chef Ruggiero serves these with grilled corn, shaved radish, cheddar cheese, and scallions, “However you’ll be able to personalize them nonetheless you want together with your favourite components.” He says. Consider, “This recipe makes use of the crock pot together with your favourite BBQ sauce however you could possibly additionally use your smoker for added smokey taste.” Recommends Chef Ruggiero.
- 4 Boneless Skinless Rooster Breasts (3-4#)
- 2 cups BBQ Sauce
- 2 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Further Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 2 tbsp Brown Sugar
- place the hen breasts within the crock pot.
- In a bowl add the remaining components and blend completely.
- Pour the sauce combination over the hen and prepare dinner on excessive for 3-4 hours or till the hen is well shredded with a fork.
- Maintain on low till you might be able to construct your lettuce cups.
- 1 head of Butter lettuce
- 1 watermelon radish (shaved skinny)
- 1 bunch scallions
- 2 ears Grilled Corn (lower off the cobb)
- ½ C Grated Cheddar Cheese
- To construct the lettuce cups, place a bit of lettuce down and scoop just a few ounces of pulled hen and place within the heart.
- Garnish with remaining components to your liking.